Sunday 10 August 2014

Book review of Super Fred by Tony Gilbert (Author), Pippa Cornell (Illustrator)

Enchanting wonderfully crafted tale. Five stars. Being a child that grew up believing that monsters lived under by bed, I was instant drawn to this book which is beautifully and colourful illustrated by Pippa. Tony has a genius for writing for small children to captivate not only them but the parents for are reading the story which flows for page to page delightfully carried by the wonderful illustrations. A rhythmic story about an unexpected friendship between Fred a monster and a little boy named Dale. Their story leads them to monster land, Fred hides Dale in his fur. They meet Fred’s friend Bob who is the scariest monster. I think this book will encourage children to want to read, I like that there is counting in it also. I loved all the descriptions of the monsters, ‘googly eyes and flappy ears’ with are very engaging for children. I can’t wait to have grandchildren so I can read it out aloud to them. Kindle version £2.42 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Fred-Tony-Gilbert-ebook/dp/B00L2K4CNS

No comments:

Post a Comment