Sunday 14 December 2014

Juice for a healthy new year

Juice for a healthy new year I am sure that some of my readers may be shocked about me recommending a juicing book, after all I not known for my healthy living. Being a lover of pop tarts and all thinks cake like. But like pretty much everyone I plan to start the New Year off with a bang and make a real effort to get back on track. I bought a juicer sometime ago and really enjoy using it. I got the PHILIPS Viva Collection HR1863/01 Juicer which cost 70 pounds at the time, but is on=line at the moment for under 50 pounds. It easy to clean and makes a good quantity of juice. I download, 40 recipes for weight loss and healthy living by Jenny Allen http://www.amazon.co.uk/Juicing-Recipes-Weight-Healthy-Living-ebook/dp/B00CGEZDOQ (free at the time of writing this) This is an American book so I am not sure that here in the UK we can get all the ingredients for some of the 40 recipes that are listed. But with a bit of imagination it’s possible to substitute some things and still get a refreshing drink. I have a saying if in doubt use an apple. The thing I liked best about this book is that the recipes are laid out nicely, and it tells you the weight loss and health benefits of each ingredients. And there are loads! Strawberries and Beetroot are high in antitoxins, and packed full of vitamins. Herbs such as parsley aid digestion and are low fat. There are fruit juices recipes and vegetable juices recipes. Ones you get the hang of making juice, it’s quite nice to make up your own. I like to mix fruit and veg together. A nice mixture is apple, beetroot, celery, orange and a carrot. That your 5 a day in one glass! I have found that a glass of juice is quite filling, although some mixes I have made on my own have not been so easy to swallow and I have washed them down with a packet of biscuits. LOL. But it’s all a learning curve 

No comments:

Post a Comment